Winter has fully set in here in southeastern Missouri. Our temperatures have been fluctuating quite a bit, but we’ve had some chilly days and even a couple blankets of snow! I love winter weather as long as I don’t have to go anywhere, but I’ve caught myself dreaming of a sunny, 70° day plenty of times! In the meantime, it’s nice to curl up on the couch with a good book and the heat on full blast 🙂
I was inspired to create a list of my winter essentials by one of my current YouTube favorites – RachhLoves! She recently posted a video all about her favorite things to have around during the winter, and it got me thinking about my winter must-haves as well!
I’d love to know what you consider your winter essentials, let me know below!
- Food: Soups! Nothing makes me feel cozy and full like a big bowl of a hearty soup, or some chili. I love how they warm you from the inside out, and there are so many different recipes you can try depending on your taste. Plus you can make them as easy as dumping a few ingredients into a big pot, and letting it simmer. I shared my favorite chili recipe a few weeks ago, and you can change it up however you’d like. Check it out here.
- Candle: During the winter, I love warm scents that smell like you have something delicious baking in the oven. I’ve burned a couple B&BW Vanilla Bean Noel candles that I absolutely love, but have really fallen in love with their Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla candle. So yummy smelling! Once warmer temps roll around, I’ll get back to the lighter, fruitier, “clean” smells.
- Clothing/Accessory: Big chunky knit sweaters, leggings, scarves, vests, and boots! I know that’s an entire wardrobe right there, but it’s pretty much all you’ll catch me wearing on the coldest days. Depending on accessories and shoes, you can dress a sweater up, or keep it more casual! Cozy and keeps you toasty 🙂
- Nail Polish: Now that the holidays have passed, I lean more towards darker reds/purples (CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Wine To Five), nudes (Essie Topless & Barefoot), and gray tones (Essie Cocktail Bling). If I want to do a fun accent nail, I’ll add in some silver glitter, or a metallic polish. A little more monochromatic, but I save the brighter colors for the spring and summer!
- Lipstick: Now, I don’t usually stray far from my usual go-to mauvey nude shades no matter the season, but I especially love these in the late winter months. I’m past the festive, Christmas red lip, and this shade adds a nice flush of color without going outside of my comfort zone. My current favorites are theBalm Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick Committed, NYX Matte Lipstick Tearose, and Maybelline Matte Lip Color Touch of Spice.
- Skincare: I’m still nailing down a skincare routine that really works 100% for me, but as far as giving my dry skin some extra TLC, I’ve been relying heavily on a good exfoliator (Clarisonic Mia 2), a soothing eye cream (Burt’s Bees Royal Jelly Eye Cream), and a thirst-quenching moisturizer (eco-beauty’s Good Night. Night Cream).
- Comfy At Home Must-Have: I almost always have on a pair of slipper socks, and my new favorite fleece. I’ve also been loving to snuggle up under this super soft and warm throw from Target along with a good book. I’m currently reading The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad.
- Drink: I still can’t get enough of the caramel apple spice from Starbucks, which became a new favorite during the fall, but you also can’t go wrong with a mug of decaf coffee with some vanilla creamer! Anything that warms you up from the inside, and keeps your hands toasty at the same time!
- Activity: As much as I really don’t mind the winter months, I prefer to enjoy them from indoors. My husband and I have been guilty of spending quite a few nights curled up on the couch with a Netflix marathon underway. We just finished watching all seven seasons of Parks and Recreation (so funny!), and are a few episodes into Making a Murderer (something we just had to watch after all the hype surrounding it!) We laughed about having a mission to watch every episode of every season of every show Netflix has to offer…#lifegoals
Are you a winter lover, or are you dreaming of springtime? Stay warm!
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤