So I have to apologize for being MIA with posting new blogs regularly! I started a new job last month, and it has taken me a little time to get used to working 40 hours a week again. I also just switched shifts, and now work 5:30-2:30, which has done a number on my sleep schedule! Nothing throws your idea of time off like taking your “lunch” break at 9:30 in the morning…
Anyways, I’m trying to get back into my normal routine/find a new one that will work for me. It’s already a few days into March, but I can’t not share my favorite things from the month of February. I want to keep this nice and short since I have quite a few favorites this time around. So without further ado…
- SuperGoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35+ Fair to Light – I received this sample in a Birchbox, and I was interested to try it out since I’d never used a CC cream before. I found that it’s a great light layer for when I don’t really feel like putting on a lot of makeup.
- L’Oreal Magic Anti-Redness Correcting Primer Base – I wanted to give color correcting a try since I do have a bit of redness to my skin around my nose. While I don’t see a life-changing difference when I use this product, I do think that it helps balance out the tone of my skin, and it blends easily. I don’t have to worry that I have a huge green splotch on my face all day.
- Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin Swirled Mattifier – I’ve been using this product as a primer for the last month or so, and I love how it sinks into the skin like a moisturizer so you don’t even notice you have an extra product on your face. I don’t see much as far as color-correcting goes, but it definitely creates a matte base for my makeup.
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlight – I’m obsessed with this beautiful stuff! I dust a small amount on the tops of my cheekbones after putting on blush, and it just adds a bit of brightness that makes me feel more awake on my early mornings. theBalm is quickly becoming one of my favorite higher end brands!
- Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Reconstructing Butter – I use this hair mask after I shampoo and condition my hair 3-4 times a week, and I can always tell a difference when I do. It leaves my hair feeling nice and soft, and a little easier to comb through when I’m getting ready. I’m not a huge fan of the container it’s in, because it gets slippery in the shower, but that’s not enough to keep me from using it!
- Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color Condensed Milk – I bought this product (and a few other colors from the line) after hearing multiple beauty gurus talk say such great things about it. While all of the polishes are great, and do last a little longer than a normal polish, this color is my absolute favorite. Plus it makes my hands look slightly tanner – which is saying a lot because I’m crazy pale!
- Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum – Another sample product that I started including in my skincare routine in February. This tiny bottle has lasted quite a while since a very small amount goes a very long way. It doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy (something I was worried about), but super moisturized! I’ve set it aside for a couple days now while my skin has been going through a more oily phase, but I will definitely continue using it until it’s gone.
- Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth Foundation – I finally changed up my foundation, and I’m so happy I did! First of all, this shade is a perfect match for my skin. Second, it blends amazingly with the use of a makeup sponge. Third, it doesn’t leave my skin looking oily even though it has a dewy finish. Love everything about it! I’m planning on picking up the ‘Matte + Poreless’ version as well for days when my skin isn’t as dry as it was in January/February. Awesome drugstore foundation!
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer Brunette – I gave up on the old brow pencil I was using. It was just too intense for the brow look I wanted, and I don’t think I was using the right shade. This product was the answer to my prayers! The tip is super fine so it creates tiny strokes that look like brow hairs, and the spoolie brush is perfect for blending it all out and getting everything in place. I can’t imagine finding a better brow pencil!
As far as random favorites go, my husband and I have been catching up on Game of Thrones so we’ll be ready for the new season coming out soon. He’s seen every episode, but I just wasn’t interested before. Now I totally get the hype – I just wish the episodes weren’t an hour long…I can’t sit still for that long! Other favorites are going to bed early so my 3:45 alarm doesn’t seem quite so awful, my Walmart jeggings that I wear every other day, and our new furniture! I’ll share pictures in an upcoming post 🙂
Things I’m not loving so much? Changing diapers…something I’d never done before January, but when you work with babies all week, I guess you get used to it!
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤