Well..after a couple months of contemplation, I finally did it. I canceled one of my subscription boxes. Sorry, Birchbox, but you got the boot. It’s not that I haven’t been happy with my BB experience, but I decided to stick with the service I’ve been with longest (ipsy). March is my last month to receive BB, at least for now, but I could always decide to get rid of ipsy and go crawling back in a few months! We’ll see…
Here’s what I got in my final Birchbox:
- amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – Super excited about this one. I like trying different dry shampoos, and these tiny sample bottles are perfect for traveling or to stick in my purse! Hopefully this one just doesn’t leave that white dusty look on my hair.
- FHI Brands Hot Sauce Thermal Heat-Activated Conditioner – My husband totally asked why I was getting a bottle of hot sauce in a beauty box…Good thing there’s a ‘DO NOT EAT’ warning on the label! I have such a pile of leave-in hair treatments that I need to use, but this one could be good.
- theBalm cosmetics Stainiac Beauty Queen – I’m not a big cheek/lip stain person, and the color of this in the bottle sort of freaks me out, but I put a dab on the back of my hand, and once you blend it out, it’s not bad! Might be perfect for a ‘no makeup’ makeup day, when I just need a touch of color to the cheeks.
- treStiQue Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon Aspen Pine – Someone check. I swear I’ve received a product from this company in every single Birchbox (and maybe an ipsy bag??) since I subscribed. They’re not bad products really…I’m just not a fan of stick makeup! This color is really pretty, and different from anything I own, but I highly doubt it will get much use…maybe for St. Patrick’s Day? I won’t be missing treStiQue anytime soon.
- Wilma Schumann Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads – I love under eye pads! I got some in one of my first ipsy bags, and I’m a big fan of anything that makes me look a little more rested. I can’t wait to stick these in the fridge and use them on a day when I need a little extra help waking up 🙂
It’s been fun Birchbox! You went out on a good note. This isn’t ‘goodbye’…it’s just a ‘see ya later’?
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤