So you all know that I’ve been trying to decide whether I’ll be canceling ipsy or BirchBox in the not so distant future, and I even told my husband that I’d choose which one I’d be saying ‘goodbye’ to before the next month! Yikes! Well I thought I was on my way to an easy decision, but ipsy just sent me an awesome bag of samples, and now I’m distraught. I like the fun skincare products that BirchBox has been sending lately, but ipsy has some really awesome months, and the cute makeup bags are a plus, too. Hmmm… decisions, decisions.
This month’s theme is ‘Pretty in #IpsyPink, and the makeup bag is super cute. Reminds me of a digital valentine!
Here’s what ipsy sent me for the month of February 2016:
- Cake Heavy Cream Intensive Hand Repair Balm – So if you’ve been reading my posts lately, you’ll know that I’ve been going through lotions like crazy since my hands have sooo dry from all the hand washing I do at work. I’m more than happy to add this lotion to my purse, but we’ll have to see if there’s a fragrance in it that just makes my poor cracked skin sting even more! Also, I shouldn’t be surprised, but this stuff smells like cake and I’m not upset about it.
- TrèStique Baby Blush Stick Bora Bora Coral – TreStique is one brand that I’m getting really tired of receiving in ipsy bags. I’m just not a fan of cream products, especially for the cheeks, because I feel like it just cakes on and looks greasy. I did swatch this one on the back of my hand, and it feels powdery as you blend it, so it might be fine to use on days when I don’t really feel like wearing much makeup. I’ll experiment with it!
- Ciaté London Mini Nail Polish Sundays – My Off Duty Nude – This is one brand of nail polish that I’ve been wanting to try, so I’m really excited! I love the super pale pink shade, and it will be the next color my nails will be sporting once my current polish gets too chipped!
- Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lipgloss Pink Sequin – I’m not a fan of super sparkly lip glosses, or pretty much any lip gloss for that matter, but this might be okay to dab on over a lipstick as long as it isn’t pure glitter. I feel like I got away from that after middle school…Also, the tiny paint brush style of applicator is not my favorite. A bit of a thumbs down for this product.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under-eye Concealer Light – Another brand that I’ve been wanting to try, and I’ve heard great things about this concealer. I have some pretty dark under-eye circles, and this light shade looks like it could work for my skin tone. I only worry that the consistency seems a little thick, and I don’t like putting super heavy makeup under my eyes. Just one of those things!
That’s all for this month! Other than the lip gloss, everything else is products that I’m excited to try! ipsy gets an ‘A’ this month, which is a problem because they were who I was thinking of cutting…oops! Maybe I’ll just nix both and switch to Glossy Box or Boxy Charm!
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤
Another month, another Love With Food box! I was excited to find this in our mailbox as we got back in town from our Valentine’s Day weekend getaway to Kansas City, (post coming soon!) and opened it up with my husband who was looking for a couple good snacks he could steal for his week of field training coming up. Between this month’s LWF and Graze snacks, I think he’ll be set!
This month’s theme, ‘Love Is You’, celebrates LWF’s one millionth meal donated to food banks in the US. The snacks inside are all about treating yourself a little, and I’m all for that!
Here’s what was in February 2016’s Love With Food Tasting box:
- PopChips Boardwalk Kettle Corn Popped Corn Chips
- Stoneridge Orchards All Natural Montmorency Cherries
- YumEarth Googly Grape Organic Lollipops
- Belgian Boys Choco Liege Wafel
- Ruby Rockets Stellar Strawberry Non-Dairy Fruit & Veggie Blend
- Baron Chocolatier Milk Chocolate Truffles with Milk Chocolate Creme Filling
- Liddabit Sweets Sea Salt Caramels
- Gourmet Nut Almond Cranberry Crunch Power Up Trail Mix
Some interesting, and some delicious, sounding snacks in February’s box. A little skeptical on the non-dairy fruit blend, but I’m hoping it’s similar to those squeeze pouches of applesauce (yes I’ve had them before..no shame). I’m most excited about the caramels and the chocolate Belgian waffle, yum. I can’t wait to see what they send along in March!
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤
It’s BirchBox time again! This month’s theme is ‘What’s The Occasion?’, although if you also received this box you might have noticed that someone didn’t do the greatest job of proof-reading the product description pamphlet, because the word ‘occasion’ was spelled with one ‘C’ and two ‘S’s…whoops!
Other than that minor blunder, I was pretty happy with what BirchBox sent me for the month of February! Here’s what I received:
- ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner – The packaging of this product first made me think that it was a hot pink liner that I would probably never use, but once I opened it up and read the product description I realized that it’s supposed to be a universal lip liner. I’ve actually never used a lip liner before, so I’m willing to give this one a try and see if it’s something that’s been missing from my makeup routine! It’s nice that this product is in a pencil form that can be sharpened, so if I like it, I can get a lot of use out of it.
- REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask – I love getting new face masks samples in these boxes, so I’m looking forward to giving this one a try. I might have to spot-test this one since the tube claims it is very potent. I would hate to have a bad reaction to a mask when I’m trying to help my skin!
- FHI Brands Daily Beauty for Wildlife Healing Argan Oil – Honestly, I’m a little tired of receiving hair oils in my subscription boxes. I know they are great for your hair, depending on the type you have, but I just haven’t really found them to make a huge difference in the look or feel of my hair. Maybe I just haven’t found the right one for me? Maybe this is it? I’m willing to give it a try…
- COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face – I was a little worried when I saw the word ‘tinted’ in the name of this product because I worry that the shade just won’t match my skin tone, and I’ll miss out on a great product BUT it looks like I might be in the clear with this one! The shade is very fair, like me, and the tiny amount I put on the back of my hand blended right in. It has that nice powdery finish that won’t leave your face feeling like you just smeared on a glob of oil. This will be nice to hold on to for days when I’ll be getting a lot of sun exposure, and don’t want to wear a heavy foundation!
- Catherine Malandrino Eau de Parfum Romance de Provence – I can’t stand this type of perfume sample packaging (the little stick attached to the lid?) but I do like the smell of it! I’ll have to see if it’s one that lasts on me, but I also have to keep in mind that I have two perfumes in my current P10P! I’ll save this sample for later..
That’s it for this month! Some good stuff that I’m looking forward to trying out but nothing that has me over-the-top excited, so I’m going to give February’s BirchBox a B. And definitely no gold star for that spelling error…
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤
I’m back with my second, and most likely final, Graze snack box. If you haven’t read up on the one I received last week, check it out ->here<- (There’s also a coupon code if you want to try Graze out for yourself!
This box came with the full number of eight different snacks packed inside. Here’s what I got, and a quick description of each! I’ve only tried one so far (aka as I type…), but I’m pretty happy with what they sent!
- Summer Berry Flapjack – rustic rolled oat flapjack (think chewy granola bar) with berry-infused cranberries. This is the one I tried out while writing this post, and it was so good! Super soft, and actually pretty filling for what looks like a small portion.
- Sesame Garlic Crunch – garlic sesame sticks, oat bran sesame sticks, and multigrain soy crackers. Love anything garlicky!
- Jelly Doughnut – raspberry strings, vanilla cookie drops, raspberry cranberries, and almonds. I think this one could be good as long as you get a little of everything in each handful.
- Caramel Apple – caramel sauce with soft, dried apple pieces. Pretty self-explanatory. I love caramel apples, so I doubt that will change just because they are dried!
- Peaches and Cream – passion fruit white chocolate, peach drops, coconut, and yogurt seeds. This one sounds interesting…but I’m definitely going to give it a try. I’m sure I will still love it! I don’t think I’ve ever had just plain, old coconut.
- Kettlecorn Kern Pops – sweet and salty popped corn kernels. I grew up with a love for kettlecorn, especially from the Iowa State Fair, so I know I’ll like the flavor of this snack. The kernels look a lot like those Corn Nuts you can get at the gas station.
- Zesty Chili Lime Cashews – This snack didn’t have a little description, even though the name sums it up, but I opened them up to give them a try anyways. YUM. Just a little kick of heat, and the sweetness from the lime.
- Herby Bread Basket – basil baguettes, garlic crostini, and oregano rice crackers. This snack reminds me of a bag of Gardetto’s, and that’s not a bad thing.
So there you have it! I love the mixture of both sweet and savory snacks in this box, and it makes me really want to keep the subscription, but I know there are other things I’d rather spend $12 a week on, that’s for sure. It was fun to check out what Graze is all about, and maybe it is something you want to try!
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤
It has been quite a while since I’ve posted about my P10P progress, and to be honest, I’m ready to move on and just start fresh with a new list of products. I used up nine of the fourteen total products I wanted to use up. That’s not too bad! Especially since I sort of fell behind on using the products after getting a bunch of new stuff around the holidays. So here’s to starting anew!
If you’re unfamiliar with Project 10 Pans, check out my first post here.
Here is my new list of products that I would like to either finish up, or make serious progress on:
- Pureology Colour Fanatic Hair Treatment Spray – This is one of the samples from my first sample project post, and I absolutely love this stuff so far! I spray it all over my damp hair right before blow drying, and it makes it so soft and shiny! I’m putting this product in my P10P since I’ve had it for over a year, and want to be sure to use it all up. Shouldn’t be too difficult!
- Coach Poppy Perfume – I’ve had this perfume for the longest time, and absolutely love it, but want to make room for some new perfumes. I know this will take some work to get through, but right now the liquid level is right at the bottom of the pink ‘Coach’ label.
- Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Perfume – I can’t believe I’m putting two fragrances in this P10P, but this is another perfume that I’ve had for multiple years. I’ve made good progress on it over that time, but hadn’t touched it in quite a while. I have about 1/4 of the bottle to go.
- Bath & Body Works Body Cream Vanilla Bean Noel – This was in one of my recent monthly favorites posts, and I’m just putting it on my list since I have a million and a half other lotions to work through. I’m almost done with it, and it’s to the point where I have to take off the lid and really squeeze the tube to get any out. Should be an easy one to check off the list!
- Bath & Body Works Shower Gel Jingle All The Way – This should be another easy one to finish up. I only have maybe another week or two to go on this, but it’s on my list since I have quite a few more bottles of body wash waiting for their turn!
- Mary Kay ClearProof Acne Treatment Gel – This used to be a part of my regular skincare routine, but when I started trying out different products, it got shuffled to the back of the cabinet. I just want to start using it again, so it doesn’t go bad and go to waste! There’s not a ton of this left – maybe 1/4 of the tube?
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Sin – This is one product that was in my last P10P that really didn’t get much love after a couple weeks. You can tell that there’s hardly any product left, just a small ring around the edges. I just have to force myself to grab this one daily instead of reaching for my current favorite Revealed palette!
- NYX Butter Lipstick Pops – This is the other product that I’m rolling over from my last P10P since it was a replacement for another lipstick that I just ended up tossing. I really love this lipstick, but it can be tough to get through lip products! Sometimes they seem to be bottomless…
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Jet Black – This should be another easy one, since mascaras aren’t good to keep around for long periods of time. I really like this one, but it’s getting close to drying out, especially since it is only a sample size. I have a few other mascaras that need to get some use, too.
- Mary Kay ClearProof Oil-Free Moisturizer – Like the treatment gel, I used to use this product all the time, but it wasn’t always enough moisture for what my skin was needing. I will try using this one more in the mornings when I need something a little lighter, or on days when I’m not planning on wearing much makeup. There’s about half the tube left.
That’s it! Ten more products I’d like to use up to make sure that I’m not letting anything go to waste! Sometimes the hardest part about doing these Project 10 Pans is that it disrupts the routine I was getting used to, but it also provides a little motivation to just use them up. Maybe I’ll even remember why I used to love the product so much 🙂
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤
I recently stumbled across a code to try out a snack box from the company – Graze. They are similar to Love With Food, except the snacks come from the company own kitchen, and you can pick and choose the types of snacks you enjoy so that your boxes are more personalized. This subscription can come as often as once a week, so be careful if you sign up! Your card will be charged at the beginning of each week. You can choose to “snooze” your subscription if you need to take a break. I’m not sure if this is one I’ll stick with, but figured I couldn’t pass up a free trial 🙂
My free box came with four snacks to sample, and they all sound delicious.
Here’s what was in my first Graze box, along with a quick description of each since I haven’t given them a try yet!
- Cinnamon Pretzel – poppyseed pretzels and cinnamon honey almonds. Look really yummy and I love cinnamon and honey combined!
- Apple & Cinnamon Flapjack – rustic rolled oat flapjack with apple and cinnamon. Their ‘flapjack’ appears to be similar to a soft granola bar. Can you tell my box seems to have a bit of a flavor theme going on?
- Honey Drizzled Cashews – just what the name says. I love honey and I love cashews. I think I’m going to like this one!
- Eleanor’s Apple Crumble – soft apple pieces, raisins, and cinnamon honey almonds. Sooo more cinnamon and honey, but I’m excited to try the apple pieces in this one. Yum!
Overall, I’m still trying to decide if the overall value for the full-size Graze box (8 snacks at $11.99) is really worth it, but if you’re wanting to try out some healthier, more natural snacks, this might be something you want to try! If you’re curious, head over ->here<- to sign up, and use my code ‘DKXQRNT2B’ to get your 1st and 5th boxes for free with no commitment, and you can cancel at anytime 🙂
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤
Here with a new beauty subscription box that is a little different from the others I’ve shared with you. This one is from…WALMART?!
Yep, Walmart has their own beauty box that delivers samples of some of the newer products they carry right to your front door. This is a seasonal box, so there are only four a year, but they’re only $5! You’re pretty much just paying for it to be shipped to your mailbox. I gave this box a try about a year or so ago, and wasn’t all that impressed, but thought I’d give it another go!
Here’s what I received in my Winter 2016 Walmart Beauty Box:
- Vera Wang Eau de Toilette Spray Embrace – This scent is supposed to be a combination of green tea and pear blossom. I was intrigued by this because I do love green tea, but wasn’t sure how it would come across in a perfume! I was pleasantly surprised by how light and fresh the scent is, and think it will be perfect for the spring.
- Pantene Pro-V Extra-Strong Hold Hairspray – To me, unless it has a crazy scent or makes your hair feel like you sprayed cement on it, hairspray is hairspray. I haven’t tried this one out yet, but I’m hoping this ‘extra-strong hold’ doesn’t leave that crunchy feeling/look behind. I like hold without the crunch.
- Goody SlideProof Soft Touch Silicone Elastics – I own plenty of Goody hair elastics, but none with these little non-slip grips on them. I’m not usually a fan of using a hair tie that doesn’t at least attempt to blend with my hair color, but these could be nice for lounging around the house or at the gym when I don’t care so much! Hopefully they don’t also rip my hair out…
- Aveeno Skin Relief Gentle Scent Lotion Nourishing Coconut – Another lotion sample to add to my collection, but lately I’ve been applying and reapplying lotion like it’s going out of style. I recently started a new job that has me washing my hands a minimum of 30 times in an 8-hour span (not even an exaageration), so my skin has been getting extremely chapped and dry. Not fun. I’m curious about the “as gentle as fragrance-free” claim, since lotions with a strong fragrance in them only increase the stinging I’m already feeling.
- Aveeno Skin Relief Gentle Scent Body Wash Nourishing Coconut – The companion to the lotion above, I might also give this a try for washing my hands to see if it is a little more gentle. If not, it will be perfect to use for shaving my legs!
- St. Ive’s Blemish Control Apricot Scrub – I love a good face scrub, so I will definitely get some use out of this. Another product to add to my sample project! Eek…
- NSPA Exotically Creamy Coconut Rich Body Butter – So another lotion, but I love that this one is a body butter. They are my favorite to slather on my legs after shaving. Body butters are just so much more luxurious feeling than normal lotions. EDIT: I tried this out later on, and I will say that something about this scent just doesn’t do it for me. It smells like chemicals for some reason? Might have to toss this out.
- Swisspers Leopard Print Paper Stick 100% Cotton Swabs – How stinking cute are these? I can’t wait to use these when I’m taking off my makeup tonight, even if the leopard print design has no effect on whether it works well or not. It still makes it a little more fun! This little pack will be perfect for traveling. Or maybe I’ll just display them…
- Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner – If you read my recent review of Pantene’s Sheer Volume set, you’ll know I’ve found a shampoo and conditioner that I really like, so I will have to give this foil packet sample a try. I probably won’t get much more than two uses out of these dinky samples, but still might be enough to show what it can do! We’ll just have to see! But in the future, I could do without foil packets, Walmart.
- Crest 3D White Brilliance Toothpaste & Whitening Gel – Another foil packet set that I doubt will show much result with only a couple uses, and products like this make me a little nervous anyways. I mean, I’m all for a whiter smile, but I hate how sensitive things like this make my teeth. I might be willing to give it a try…maybe.
And that, my friends, is all for the winter Walmart box! Ten products is a great value for just $5.00, so if you want to give this one a try, head on over ->here<- to sign up! The spring box starts shipping out the second week of March so you have plenty of time.
I know I’m just adding more work for myself to my sample project, but at least I get to try some fun new stuff I might not have picked up before 🙂
Ta ta for now!
The Ginger Wife ❤